The introduction of QB into the market has resulted in a significant shift in the way accounting is performed. This new era program has quickly become a popular accounting software due to its extensive features that assist the users in accounting, bookkeeping, payroll, sales, and inventory. Large global firms, mid-level corporations, small businesses, entrepreneurs, and even individuals are now using it. The best thing about this robust program is that customers can easily utilize it due to its easy user interface. In reality, suggestions and QB Support services are available on the internet. The quickbooks database server manager is a key component of this.
In this article, we will take you through the possible steps to update the QB database server manager.
Let’s get started!
QuickBooks Database Server Manager: Meaning
It enables users to configure the QB Server for multi-user access. For the company file of the host computer, this tool creates a network data file (.ND). It’s also referred to as Inuit’s personal database manager tool. This powerful program enables users to easily build network data files for the corporate file that is present on the host system or on the host workstation. If the user wants to use numerous desktop versions of QB, he or she must install this useful utility. The key point to note here is that without this tool, the user would be unable to access multi-user mode.
Each QuickBooks Database Server Manager edition that is installed on the system adds a new user to the desktop version.
It is capable of the following tasks:
- First, scan the QB company file since it is required for multi-user access.
- It also examines the local storage device for new company files that should be detected automatically.
QB Database Server Manager Uses
To keep software-related duties organized, it is crucial to maintain the quickbooks database server manager up to date with the newest modifications and to correct QB old issues. Furthermore, any critical update published for the current year version should be deployed quickly, and users should verify that they are using the most recent software version to reap the most benefits. The steps to install and upgrade QuickBooks Database Server Manager will be discussed in the latter part of this article.
Install the Quickbooks Database Server Manager
To install the quickbooks database server manager, follow the below steps:
- At first, install QB database server manager by hitting on the installer twice and then “Start” with the installation of the “Wizard.”
- Then, if your computer has internet access, click “Next” to download an update. Select “No” and then “Next” if the system is not connected to the internet.
- The user must now dismiss “All programs” that are open and click “Next.”
- Also, the user must carefully read the “Terms of the software licensing agreement,” and if they agree with the “Terms and conditions,” they must choose “I accept the terms and license agreement” and then click “Next.”
- Following that, the user must select “Custom or Network settings.”
- After that, select the installation type.
- When you wish to run the application in your system, choose “I’ll be using QuickBooks on this computer and I’ll be storing.”
- When just QuickBooks data will be kept on this computer, choose “I will not be using QuickBooks on this computer…”
- In the following step click on “Yes,” and then Allow “Access.”
- Then input your “License Number” and “Product Number” into the relevant fields.
- You need to follow the directions on the screen to complete the installation procedure.
- Once you have completed the installation, then follow the on-screen instructions to configure the QB Database Server Manager.
Also Read: 10 Latest ERP Trends In 2022
Update QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- In the first step navigate to the Intuit official website and download the Database server manager update patch from the legitimate link on the website.
- After installing the update, the server should be entirely restarted.
- When the update has been successfully installed on the server, a Prompt or a message will be displayed on the screen.
- Once the server is ready to make specific changes to the database’s design, the user will be requested to generate a backup of their file.
- Now, a series of prompts will present a set of instructions on the screen, after which the user will be able to access their corporate file, and once the backup is complete, the user should be able to open the file for use.
We believe we have included everything to update the QuickBooks database server manager. In case you face any issues you can connect with the technical team for further assistance